Rocky Mountain Wild: Passes, Ghost Towns and Hot Springs
From $2970 for 2021
- • Rate: $2970 per person
• 3rd/4th persons: $2100 each rack, staying in a room in existing bedding
• Single Supplement: $1100 / If wanting to share a room, and a match is available, no single supplement fee is added.
• Rate: $2500 per person
• 3rd/4th persons: $2050 each rack, staying in a room in existing bedding
• Single Supplement: $420 / If wanting to share a room, and a match is available, no single supplement fee is added.
• Private Vehicle surcharge: $1950 / If you want to drive a private vehicle.
• Route: Denver - Brekenridge - Telluride - Glenwood Springs - Vail
Day 1 - Arrival in Denver, Colorado. Hotel.
Day 2 - Introductory meeting 8 AM. Denver city tour and vehicle pick up.
Day 3 - Hwy 285 to the ghost town of Como, via Boreas Pass into the ski town of Breckenridge before continuing over Weston Pass to Buena Vista.
Day 4 - A leisurely day of hiking, rafting, horseback riding, fly fishing, or soaking in Cottonwood Hot Springs (all optional).
Day 5 - Over the Continental Divide at Cottonwood Pass via alpine meadows past the tallest to the gold rush town of Tincup; via Cumberland Pass to the ghost town of Pitkin. Ovenright Gunnison.
Day 6 - Owl Creek Pass to Ouray and then across a remote backcountry track to Telluride.
Day 7 - Exploring the San Juan Mountains - optional rides on the Durango & Silverton Narrow Gauge Steam Train or a challenging drive over Ophir Pass, or soak in the nearby hot springs (small entry fee).
Day 8 - Morning at leisure before departing over the Colorado and Uncompaghre Plateaus via Columbine Pass. Overnight Glenwood Springs. Visit hot springs, vapor caves (entry not included).
Day 9 - Morning at leisure before driving over Vail Pass and through the Eisenhower Tunnel back to Denver; optional narrow gauge train ride in Georgetown (cost not included).
Day 10 - Departure on own.